- You are welcome to stitch my designs on multiple items without limit. You may also use them on items you plan to sell.
- However, please do not sell the digitized files of the designs themselves -- including the freebies -- in original or altered form.
- If you wish to add lettering to a design, or change wording for personalization, or if you would like to use only a segment of a design in a stitched project, please feel free to do so.
- I would prefer, of course, that you not share the designs, including the freebies, with others. Instead, I hope you will direct your embroidering friends to the site, so that they can browse the designs, download the free ones for themselves, and consider making a purchase or donation.
- If you're not sure, please ask.
- There is no obligation, but as digitizing is both painstaking and very time-consuming, I gratefully accept donations in any amount to help offset the time and cost of making the free designs. There is no advertising on the site, and I do not track its users.
DIDN'T YET RECEIVE THE DESIGNS YOU ORDERED?
check my e-mail multiple times a day and process orders as they come
in. This means you should *always* receive your designs within a few
hours of placing an order.
note that I send the designs via e-mail attachment, to the address
given on the payment receipt. Please ensure that your settings will
allow attachments through to that e-mail address, or that you provide me
an alternate address where you are able receive attachments.
If you do not receive the designs promptly via e-mail attachment, it is likely that the receiving server or your own settings are blocking attachments or routing them to the spam filter. If that's the case, please contact me for an alternate means of delivery.
I'm an experienced sewist, pattern maker, designer, writer, and teacher who has been creating crafty things since childhood. My interests are varied and include fashion sewing and pattern drafting, upholstery, and toymaking, as well as machine embroidery. I have been digitizing for nearly 20 years now and very much enjoy the challenge; this site and its designs are products of that interest.
When I began the site, my initial goal was to share some great free designs. This remains one of my chief motivations, so I hope you will continue to enjoy the freebies and encourage your embroidering friends to visit the site as well.
The designs for sale were added at the suggestion of some of the site's early visitors, and that part of the site continues to grow. However, it was never my goal to compete with the large embroidery companies for whom digitizing is a business. In fact, I couldn't if I wanted to. Given how time- and labor-intensive the process is, I don't see how digitizing could ever be a business for me. In truth, the site generates very little revenue, since most visitors come only for the free designs; the small amount it generates doesn't even cover the cost of Internet access, never mind time, equipment, software, or materials. I digitize mainly because I enjoy it. For me, it's an absorbing and challenging hobby.
You will no doubt have noticed that most of my designs are "niche" subjects that are largely neglected by the big embroidery companies; I chose to focus on these because it's just so difficult to find designs featuring geocaching, math and science, cultural and ethnic designs (including Judaica and Native American themes), veterinary logos, Canadiana, or my own pet interest, heraldic crest and badge designs.
My interest in clan and family badges, crests, and insignia reaches back many years. When I first started machine embroidery, I hoped to be able to embroider crests for family and friends, but to my discouragement, I was utterly unable to find customized heraldic crest designs anywhere for sale. Commercial sites typically don't bother with them because they are simply not profitable. Each crest takes between 14 and 25 hours to create, and the market for each design is extremely limited, so they are a sinkhole for time and talent if you're trying to keep a business alive. Even today there are few if any sites where you can purchase custom crest designs, so I wanted to include these on my own site when I decided to add some designs for sale.
On a typical day I spend several hours working on designs or on the website, and I do quite a lot of custom designs that are of no interest to anyone but the person who originally requested them. As a hobbyist, I'm not focused on a bottom line, so I can take the time to create these unique specialty designs that commercial outfits can't. For me, digitizing could never be a business. Instead, the site is, and will remain, very much a labor of love.
Thanks for visiting. Please feel free to browse and help yourself to the freebies throughout the site. There is no obligation, although donations are always gratefully accepted.